Monday, March 30, 2009

Paper Boxes

I feel like I'm already getting a little carried away with this blog thing, but for some reason it is REALLY EXCITING to share my little projects (even though, at this very moment, I don't think I have any readers!).

So I'm sitting at my Work Desk, thumbing through Martha Stewart's craft book, and I am just dying to try something. However as I don't quite have Martha's craft arsenal at my fingertips, I DO have a nice packet of paper (thanks wedding planning!) Alas, a paper box was born! Now, just pretend that sheet of paper is decopauged and not purchased off the rack at Michael's and we're in business! Martha, of course, had instructions for 7 sizes of box bottoms and their corresponding lids but being equipped with only the sheet of paper and a ruler I've had since I was about 8, I decided just to make one box bottom (conveniently!) the size of the paper:

If you can see in the book there on the table at all, you can see Martha's whole stack. As soon as I can get my hands on one of those little grid cutter thingies, and perhaps a rotary knife thing, I too can have my lid size of 9 7/8" x 9 7/8"!

Ta-Da! This project makes me very happy, even though it took approximately 5 minutes to both learn and create. Though, I have to admit for the first try I used a piece of copy paper that I ripped into a square, and tried to measure the folds with the above-pictured iPod Shuffle. When I realized it was doable, I ripped apart the room for the ruler and busted out the fancy paper. I see a trip to the Michael's in Southcenter in this weekend's future...

1 comment:

  1. That little box is so cute! I want one for my apartment!! :)

    -Victoria B.

    ReplyDelete